The 2017 Community Grant cycle will open in mid – Aug 2017 and the deadline for the grant submission will be in September 2017.
Software and Grant Training Webinar – August 2017 (Date and Time – TBA)
How to connect to the Webinar:
- Online Meeting Link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/mevans00
- Online Meeting ID: mevans00
- Dial-in Number: (641) 715-3580 – United States
- Access Code: 817220
WHAT ARE COMMUNITY GRANTS?
The United Way of Midland Community Grant Program provides support to nonprofit health and human service organizations for immediate and creative responses to pressing identified needs in our community. Through this process, one-year Community Grants (up to $15,000) with preference given to larger-scale programs or projects will be allocated for the following:
A new or expanded (significant growth in number of recipients or services) innovative program or One-time project (includes capital improvement) which addresses one of the following Community Outcomes:
Education Community Outcomes
- Children enter school with developmentally-appropriate social, emotional and intellectual skills.
- Students achieve academic success.
- Students graduate from high school and successfully transition to self-sufficiency.
- Youth are engaged, responsible, and contributing members of the community.
Self Sufficiency Community Outcomes
- Individuals and families have the opportunity to achieve economic stability and financial independence.
- Individuals and families have the opportunity to live in adequate and affordable housing in safe neighborhoods.
- Individuals and families in crisis have access to responsive and effective emergency and basic need services.
Health Community Outcomes
- Youth and adults avoid risky behavior.
- Individuals are physically healthy.
- Individuals and families are emotionally healthy.
- Individuals and families in crisis have access to responsive and effective health and counseling services.
To get information regarding the United Way – Midland County Community Grant Process and the online application software, please contact Michelle Evans at 432-685-7714 or call the United Way of Midland’s Office at 432-685-7700.